The Board of Directors is comprised of 31 elected Directors.
The Nominating & Governance Committee delivers a list of nominees equal to the number of directors to be elected at the annual meeting to the Corporate Secretary of the Hospital prior to each Annual Meeting of Members.
All other nominations of candidates for the Board of Directors must be made in writing and should be sent to the Secretary at least five days prior to the Annual Meeting and be signed by not less than five per cent of the members in good standing, who have each made a donation or donations totalling at least $1,000 to the Hospital or its Foundation.
The criteria for persons to serve on the Board of Directors are as follows:
- Commitment to the Hospital's mission and goals.
- A willingness to dedicate quality time, to keep informed about matters relating to the Corporation, and to participate actively on the Board and at least one of its committees.
- An interest and expertise in areas which advance the Corporation's mandate.
- A willingness to attend regularly (at least seventy percent of) and to actively participate in Board meetings.
- A Board member who misses three (3) consecutive meetings without consulting the Chair of the Board shall be deemed to have resigned from the Board.
- A commitment to participate in a Board orientation program and in the continuing education of Board members.
- A commitment to the philanthropic objectives of the Corporation.
To be elected, a nominee must attract a majority of member votes.
Kindly note that employees of the Hospital or the Foundation and members of the medical staff who are also employees of either organization are ineligible for election, except in an ex-officio capacity.
Maureen Harpur, Corporate Assistant
Mount Sinai Hospital
Joseph and Wolf Lebovic Health Complex
338 - 600 University Avenue
Toronto, ON M5G 1X5
t 416-586-4800 ext. 5079