About the Auxiliary
Mount Sinai Hospital Auxiliary — Pride in our Past, Building our Future
In 1953, when Mount Sinai Hospital moved from Yorkville Avenue to University Avenue in Toronto, the Mount Sinai Hospital Auxiliary was established. Our mandate was then — and remains today — to assist the Hospital with raising funds and community awareness to provide the best patient care. Through our special events and other fundraising programs, the Auxiliary is one of the largest single donors to Mount Sinai Hospital. We could not achieve our success without the loyal and strong support of the community.
Mount Sinai Hospital (originally named The Toronto Jewish Maternity and Convalescent Hospital) was established in 1922 by a group of dedicated women. That tradition of dedication and vision is even stronger today. The Auxiliary continues to be the largest hospital auxiliary in North America with more than 1,300 members who continue to raise urgently needed funds for Mount Sinai Hospital's world-renowned patient care, teaching and research that Mount Sinai Hospital is known for.
The Auxiliary is currently supporting Mount Sinai Hospital through a $4.5-million campaign focused on women’s health. Our funding ensures state-of-the-art healthcare is provided to critical care needs supporting our pledge, including: Marvelle Koffler Breast Centre, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute and the Peter A. Silverman Centre for International Health.