Perinatal Parents Association
|Perinatal Parents Association
The Perinatal Parents Association is comprised of a group of parents who have experienced the NICU first-hand.
We also provide a way for families to give back to the hospital that saved their tiny babies.
Our main goals include:
- maintaining a link with parents of infants from Mount Sinai via newsletter and other communiqués - read the latest issue (1.5 MB pdf );
- providing parents with an opportunity to learn more about the growth and development of their premature children through presentations made by professionals in the health care field;
- providing a voice for parents of NICU infants that helps shape hospital policies and programs (e.g. suggestion box, surveys, handbook, focus groups, presentations to staff and community groups);
- offering family-to-family support programs (e.g. Parent Buddies and workshops);
- developing and self maintaining our association (setting agendas, priorities, recruitment, fundraising, etc.) through the Parent Advisory Committee;
bringing together staff, parents and NICU grads to celebrate life (NICU Graduates Picnic).