At Mount Sinai Hospital, nurses play a vibrant and pivotal role in the care and management of patients and families. We are proud of the high quality of nursing care provided at Mount Sinai Hospital and of our academic contributions.
About Nursing at Mount Sinai
The Gerald P. Turner Department of Nursing has a rich history committed to innovation. Our Nursing Vision is:
Patients and families experience the best nursing care in a compassionate, supportive, interdisciplinary environment that embraces and advances professional nursing practice, education, leadership and research.
With approximately 1,500 registered nurses, our staff and faculty provide leading-edge, compassionate patient and family-centred care.
Our future is bright as we build on our strong foundation. Advancements in health care delivery and the creation of state-of-the-art facilities will enhance Mount Sinai Hospital’s dedication and ability to deliver the best possible care.
Learn more about:
- Great careers - Why Mount Sinai is a wonderful place for nurses
- Growing as a nurse - Continuing education for our nursing staff
- Before you arrive - Essential information for students completing their placement
In the spotlight - Stories of Mount Sinai's remarkable nurses
- Nursing student opportunities - Information for students interested in pursuing a placement
- Read the Gerald P. Turner Department of Nursing Annual Report 2010 - 2011 (1.4 MB pdf )
The Gerald P. Turner Department of Nursing at Mount Sinai Hospital
Joseph and Wolf Lebovic Health Complex
600 University Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5