Renew Sinai is a multi-year capital redevelopment project, the largest in Mount Sinai’s history, which is transforming the hospital’s facilities and growth of its internationally recognized clinical and research programs. It is enabling us to leverage the best practices and advances in technology to provide the best care and environment possible for patients, families and staff.
Construction is currently underway on our new lobby, which will include our RioCan Food Hall and the Hennick Family Wellness Gallery, expected to be completed over the next several months.
- Request For Qualifications issued for Mount Sinai Hospital redevelopment project
- Construction has begun on our new lobby to better serve our patients and families. Click for a map of temporary changes
- Celebrating opening of new NICU, Labour and Delivery, and Antenatal Units
Phase I: Opened in 2012
- 6 new floors on the Murray Street side of the building.
- Additional 160,000 sq. ft., primarily to the Frances Bloomberg Centre for Women’s and Infant’s Health, including the David & Stacey Cynamon Mother and Baby Unit.
Phase II: Opened in 2015
- New Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: single room units, enhanced security and infection control features.
- New Labour and Delivery Unit: including 5 new operating rooms.
- New Antenatal units: with increased room sizes.
Phase III A: Planning and design underway
- Schwartz/Reisman Emergency Department: Doubling the size to 28,100 sq. ft. to enable Mount Sinai to accommodate expected growth in emergency patient volume from 56,000 to an estimated 80,000 annually over the next few years.
- Surgical Suite: 18 new state-of-the-art Operating Rooms, including a new robotics assisted suite and 3D imaging technology.
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 50% increase in beds for a total of 36 beds, with upgraded equipment and improved access to the Emergency Department.
- Inpatient Unit: 28 new beds.
- Ambulatory Clinic: renovation on a central area for out-patients.