We are committed to ensuring our programs and services are completely accessible to all members of the community.
- If you are coming to the Hospital and have special needs, please see our Accessibility information.
- If you are planning an event, see How to Plan an Accessible Event from the Ministry of Community and Social Services.
- If you are a member of the public, and require access to our public safety information, in an accessible format, please contact Patient Relations at 416-586-4800 ext. 5066.
- If you are a member of the public and would like access to any of the Hospital's documents in an accessible format, please contact Patient Relations at 416-586-4800 ext. 5066 or by email: email@example.com.
If you are an employee at Mount Sinai Hospital, and require assistance in the event of an emergency, please contact the Occupational Health, Wellness & Safety Department at 416-586-4800 ext. 1572 to discuss an individualized emergency response plan.
Mount Sinai's Accessibility Plan
On September 29, 2003, the Mount Sinai Hospital Board of Directors adopted the following "Accessibility Planning Policy" for the organization. Mount Sinai Hospital is committed to:
- the continual improvement of access to facilities, policies, programs, practices and services for patients and their family members, staff, health care practitioners, volunteers and members of the community;
- the participation of people with disabilities in the development and review of its annual accessibility plans;
- ensuring hospital by-laws and policies are consistent with the principles of accessibility; and
The establishment of an Accessibility Working Planning Committee at Mount Sinai Hospital (see our Terms of Reference - 20 KB pdf ).
Download the following Mount Sinai Hospital Accessibility Plans as pdf documents:
- Update 2012-2017 (104 KB pdf )
- Update 2011-2012 (53 KB pdf )
- Update 2010-2011 (104 KB pdf )
- Update 2009-2010 (97 KB pdf )
- Update 2008-2009 (96 KB pdf )
- Update 2007-2008 (94 KB pdf )
- Update 2006-2007 (26 KB pdf )
- Update 2005-2006 (21 KB pdf )
- Update 2004-2005 (22 KB pdf )
Original, 2003 (260 KB pdf )
Accessibility Policies and Resources for Staff and Patients
Providing Care for People with Disabilities (114 KB pdf )
This comprehensive policy has been prepared to ensure that all members of the hospital community are aware of their rights and responsibilities to benefit all patients, visitors, employees, associates and volunteers by achieving accessibility for people with disabilities.
- Emergency Response Planning for Employees with Disabilities (34 KB pdf )
- Assistive Devices Policy (58 KB pdf )
- 2010 Customer Service Accessibility Report (74 KB pdf )
Accessibility at Mount Sinai Hospital - Presentation (2.4 MB ppt )
This presentation helps explain Mount Sinai's Customer Service Standard as part of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, our reponsibilities and our implementation plan.
Eliminating Barriers, Providing Support (89 KB pdf )
A staff guide to disability and interacting with people with disabilities.
Vendor Letter (89 KB pdf )
Information for vendors who provide service and their responsibilities to people with disabilities.
Use of Service Animals - Policy (125 KB pdf )
Mount Sinai Hospital welcomes people with disabilities partnered with a service animal. This policy aims to address concerns regarding the presence of service animals, and help in maintaining infection control principles.
If you cannot access the document, please contact the Mount Sinai Hospital Communications & Marketing department at 416-586-5065 or firstname.lastname@example.org.